Absolutely not for cooking food.
The Induction Smelter is one of the Machines added by Thermal Expansion. It uses Redstone Flux to smelt items together under extreme heat. It is capable of creating alloys without having to blend pulverized metals by hand, as well as creating materials that require high temperatures to do so. Lastly, it can process various types of Ore blocks into Ingots; sometimes even more efficiently than a Pulverizer can.
When working at maximum speed, the Induction Smelter consumes 40 RF per tick. When its internal energy storage is starting to deplete, the Machine will slow down and use less power. This prevents sudden interruptions of the Induction Smelter's work when its power supply cuts short.
- 1. Primary Input / Flux Slot
- Items placed in this slot are smelted together with items placed in the next slot by the Smelter. Can be locked so that only fluxes can enter this slot.
Fluxes are certain items that are commonly used in Smelter recipes: Sand, Soul Sand, Cinnabar, Pyrotheum Dust and Rich Slag.
- 2. Secondary Input Slot
- Items placed in this slot are smelted together with items placed in the previous slot.
- 3. Lock/Unlock Flux Slot Button
- This button can be clicked to lock the primary input / flux slot to only accept fluxes. (see 1).
- 4. Primary Output Slots
- Fully processed items end up in these two slots.
- 5. Secondary Output Slot
- Possible byproducts of items being smelted together end up in this slot.
- 6. Progress Arrow
- Displays the progress of the item currently being processed. If Not Enough Items is installed, the arrow can be clicked to look up the Smelter's recipes.
- 7. Power Gauge
- Displays how fast the Smelter is working in relation to its maximum speed.
- 8. Energy Gauge
- Displays how much Redstone Flux is currently stored in the Smelter.
- 9. Charging Slot
- Items that store Redstone Flux that are placed here are discharged by the Smelter to charge itself.
- 10. Energy Tab
- Displays how much power the Smelter uses, and how much Redstone Flux is currently stored in it.
- 11. Information Tab
- Displays a bit of information about the Smelter.
- 12. Tutorial Tab
- Explains various things about the Smelter and the other tabs in the GUI.
- 13. Augmentation Tab
- Allows installing Augments in the Machine.
- 14. Security Tab
- Allows setting who is allowed to access the Smelter. Only available if a Signalum Security Lock is installed.
- 15. Redstone Control Tab
- Allows setting how the Smelter responds to Redstone signals. Only available if the Integrated Redstone Circuit Augment is installed.
- 16. Configuration Tab
- Allows configuring the input/output behavior of the sides of the Smelter. Only available if the Integrated Modular Framework Augment is installed.
- 17. Player Inventory
- The inventory and hotbar of the player that is accessing the Smelter.
The different sides of the Induction Smelter correspond to different color-coded slots in its GUI. These sides can be identified by color-coded openings in the sides of the Smelter. This is used for handling input and output with ducts/pipes/conduits/tubes, other Machines and other types of inventories.
If the Integrated Modular Framework Augment is installed, this feature of the Induction Smelter can be configured. Some things can be inserted from any side.
If the Integrated Servo Mechanism Augment is installed, output items are automatically ejected from the corresponding sides of the Induction Smelter, evenly divided between the available outputs.
If the Integrated Hopper Apparatus Augment is installed, input items are automatically pulled into the Induction Smelter from adjacent inventories at the corresponding sides.
*: Cannot be automatically ejected from.
|Type ||Color ||Default Sides|
|Any item input ||Blue ||Top|
|Primary item / flux input ||Green ||(not set)|
|Secondary item input ||Purple ||(not set)|
|Primary item output ||Red ||Left, Right, Back|
|Secondary item output ||Yellow ||Bottom|
|Any item output ||Orange ||(not set)|
|Any item input/output* ||(colorless) ||(not set)|
|Redstone Flux input ||- ||(any side)|
The following table lists the recipes that the Induction Smelter can perform. Recipes that use less energy also take less time.
If the output item of a recipe has multiple versions added by different mods (Copper Ingots for example), and one of the versions is added by Thermal Foundation or Thermal Expansion, that version will be preferred.
*: May be changed or disabled in the config.
**: May be either a metal Ingot or a Pulverized metal (dust).
Mod Support - Miscellaneous
|Primary Input ||Secondary Input ||Primary Output ||Secondary Output ||Energy|
||4x Pulverized Obsidian
||4x Pulverized Obsidian