The Redstone Plate is one of the Plates added by Thermal Expansion. When touched by an entity, it places a temporary block that emits a Redstone signal at a configurable amount of blocks in a certain direction from the Plate. This works even when there are other blocks in between; in other words, the Redstone Plate works through walls.
The temporary block is mostly invisible, but emits red particles. The amount of time until the temporary block is removed is configurable.
The Plate can be placed on any side of a block. The direction it points in can be changed using a Crescent Hammer or similar, as well as in the Plate's GUI.
The Redstone Plate can be configured by sneaking and using a Multimeter on it. The Plate's GUI is then opened:
- 1. Distance Controls
- Change the distance in blocks at which the temporary Redstone-emitting block is placed on contact. Can be anywhere between 1 and 16 blocks.
- 2. Strength Controls
- Change the strength of the Redstone signal emitted by the temporary block. Can be anywhere between 0 and 15.
- 3. Duration Controls
- Change for how long in ticks the temporary block stays in the world until it is removed. Can be anywhere between 2 ticks (1/10 of a second) and 40 ticks (2 seconds).
- 4. Direction Button
- Changes the direction in which the Redstone Plate is pointing.
- 5. Information Tab
- Displays a bit of information about the Redstone Plate.
- 6. Security Tab
- Allows setting who is allowed to configure the Redstone Plate. Only available if a Signalum Security Lock is installed.