April 7 updates and Thermal Innovation
On April 7, new updates were released for CoFH Core, Thermal Foundation, Thermal Expansion, Thermal Dynamics and Redstone Arsenal. The first version of Thermal Innovation was also released.
- Various refactors and bugfixes (see the issue tracker).
- Soulbound enchantment
- Prevents items from being dropped on death.
- Goes up to level III.
- The enchantment level may be reduced by one on death.
- Iron gears can now also be crafted using copper, tin or bronze ingots at the center of the recipe.
- Shields now look a lot more like the vanilla shield. (Thanks Ithronyar)
- The elemental dusts are all slightly cheaper to craft:
- pyrotheum dust no longer uses pulverized coal;
- cryotheum dust no longer uses niter;
- aerotheum dust no longer uses sand;
- petrotheum dust no longer uses clay.
- Clastic Deposition
- An augment that allows for an igneous extruder to produce sedimentary rock (gravel, sand, sandstone).
- Dynamos that use coolants produce more energy when using more effective coolants.
- Item allocators and strongboxes with public access can be read by redstone comparators.
- Decoctive diffusers have a greater area of effect.
- Phytogenic insolators produce chorus fruits instead of chorus plant blocks.
- Compactors can now only produce plates, coins and gears from ingots. Storage blocks and nuggets no longer work.
- Magma crucibles produce 250 mB of creosote oil from each unit of tar, instead of 100 mB.
- Centrifugal separators can process sugar canes into 2 units of sugar each, as well as 250 mB of water.
- Creosote oil yields 40,000 RF when used in a compression dynamo, instead of 20,000 RF.
- Flux-infused shields now look a lot more like the vanilla shield.
This is a new mod in the Thermal Series. It provides tools and gadgets that directly increase player power. The mod’s documentation is currently still being worked on, but here’s a quick overview.
- A Redstone Flux-powered pickaxe/shovel.
- Higher tiers can mine larger areas at once, up to 5x5. This can be adjusted on the fly.
- The more blocks that are mined at once, the slower the mining operation is (though it’s still faster considering how many blocks are mined).
- These may be rebalanced a bit more based on feedback.
- Attracts distant items using Redstone Flux.
- Can attract items passively from a certain radius (6 to 10 blocks, depending on tier).
- Can be used actively to pull items to the wielder from a target area up to 64 blocks away.
- Items can be filtered, like with satchels.
- Stores fluid potions, and can automatically infuse the wielder with them.
- Can be used on entities to forcibly inject the contained potion.