April 7 updates and Thermal Innovation
- Various refactors and bugfixes (see the issue tracker).
- Soulbound enchantment
- Prevents items from being dropped on death.
- Goes up to level III.
- The enchantment level may be reduced by one on death.
- Iron gears can now also be crafted using copper, tin or bronze ingots at the center of the recipe.
- Shields now look a lot more like the vanilla shield. (Thanks Ithronyar)
- The elemental dusts are all slightly cheaper to craft:
- Clastic Deposition
- An augment that allows for an igneous extruder to produce sedimentary rock (gravel, sand, sandstone).
- Dynamos that use coolants produce more energy when using more effective coolants.
- Item allocators and strongboxes with public access can be read by redstone comparators.
- Decoctive diffusers have a greater area of effect.
- Phytogenic insolators produce chorus fruits instead of chorus plant blocks.
- Compactors can now only produce plates, coins and gears from ingots. Storage blocks and nuggets no longer work.
- Magma crucibles produce 250 mB of creosote oil from each unit of tar, instead of 100 mB.
- Centrifugal separators can process sugar canes into 2 units of sugar each, as well as 250 mB of water.
- Creosote oil yields 40,000 RF when used in a compression dynamo, instead of 20,000 RF.
- Flux-infused shields now look a lot more like the vanilla shield.
This is a new mod in the Thermal Series. It provides tools and gadgets that directly increase player power. The mod’s documentation is currently still being worked on, but here’s a quick overview.
- A Redstone Flux-powered pickaxe/shovel.
- Higher tiers can mine larger areas at once, up to 5x5. This can be adjusted on the fly.
- The more blocks that are mined at once, the slower the mining operation is (though it’s still faster considering how many blocks are mined).
- These may be rebalanced a bit more based on feedback.
- Attracts distant items using Redstone Flux.
- Can attract items passively from a certain radius (6 to 10 blocks, depending on tier).
- Can be used actively to pull items to the wielder from a target area up to 64 blocks away.
- Items can be filtered, like with satchels.
- Stores fluid potions, and can automatically infuse the wielder with them.
- Can be used on entities to forcibly inject the contained potion.